Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Just My Type
Reading an excerpt from Just My Type had me reflect on our upcoming projects. From the little bit we read I realize that text really is everywhere and influential on our lives. Each text for any product or advertisement has an influential effect on that product. The creator of these ads and logos has to decipher what kind of image they want to give out to the public. Since text has been around for so long some fonts have very different meanings to them. Steve Jobs created fonts that meant different things to the cities he was in and reflected his feelings into text. Jobs said that the fonts he created, especially the ones based off of cities reflect that cities personality. If you take a font that is meant to reflect New York and apply it to something that is supposed to have a calm relaxing meaning, the feeling is going to be awkward. Putting text into an art form will clearly have this same effect. Font choice is just about as important as the original message you are trying to give with your idea. Now as I reflect on my projects and try to decide which font to use I'll put into thought what kind of reflection I would like my text to make.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment