Thursday, September 15, 2011

Critique

Having a critique in an art class is possibly the most essential part in finalizing your work. You could have all of these ideas floating in your head about how you think other people will perceive your work and you think you know how they will feel when they see it. From my experience that never happens the way you want it to. Unless you have an outside opinion telling you how they feel or what they think of your work you would never know. It's always helpful to hear the teacher give you the most feedback on your work because they are the ones grading it. Obviously since we all would like to get good grades you might focus your work on more of what the instructor says. The instructors opinion is just one opinion. If there is even one more person who comments on what they think, that might influence the graders perception. You have to take into account everyone's opinions because everyone could have a great idea that makes your work complete.

I find that when it comes to me to give an opinion in a critique I don't have much to say because I don't know more about the work. I would like to know more behind what the artist is going for so I could give an opinion on what I first reacted to when I didn't know anything about it, then again on what I think after they explain it. Critiques are essential in a class setting and a good idea for when you're stumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment