Tuesday, November 22, 2011

project proposal

For our final project we have been asked to create a remix. I've done one of these before and was completely interested in it. I mixed together two of my favorite songs as well as about five music videos. This time the project is a little different. This isn't just learning about how a program works and creating an entertainment piece. We have been asked to use the "Cut Up Method" to create a video or still image that has a completely different meaning. Since I am a lesbian and embrace the homosexual culture I've decided to take bits and pieces of videos from members of the Westboro Baptist Church and piece them together to give them a new message of embracing homosexuals, all religions, and all people. The message that they claim to bring is love and warning, even though it is full of hate and ignorance. I plan on giving them the message of love and acceptance. I'm going to gather as any videos as I can to edit them together instead of just two or three videos. The end result I hope to show them in a good light with a message they should have been bringing all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment